Small Town Sensibility Meets Modern Real Estate Technology
Hi, my name is Jason Mattern, founder and CEO of TriUrban. I’d like to tell you a little bit about how TriUrban came to be.
I grew up the son of small business owners in a small farming community here in Alberta. I moved to Edmonton in my 20s, and eventually started buying and investing in real estate. But I had a problem – I couldn’t find a realtor that was showing me properties that matched my lifestyle goals.
The second property I ever bought, the Real Property Report (RPR) was no good – it wasn’t compliant. Never mind the fact that it was in the wrong area, with the wrong tenant profile for me. So why did I buy it? My realtor convinced me it was fine and I believed them.
I got licensed as a realtor to access MLS for myself. As a realtor, I couldn’t help but keep noticing how common my second home story was – inventory was the first priority, and homebuyers came second. My small-town prairie sensibility just wouldn’t let me do that to someone, and I made up my mind that I would find a way to do Edmonton real estate differently for my clients.
It took a couple of tries, and years, but eventually, I founded TriUrban, a boutique real estate brokerage in Edmonton changing the way you buy, sell, and invest in real estate in Alberta.
What Makes Us Different
TriUrban was founded with one simple realization about being a realtor in mind. What it all comes down to is: it’s just about helping people.
All of us here at TriUrban hold the same core values – Family, Time, and Freedom – and we apply these values to every client we work with. To us, every client is a member of the TriUrban family, and families help each other out. We all know Time is precious, so we don’t plan to waste yours. We use our expertise and experience to find you the house you want without wasting your time. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to own real estate as part of their financial and retirement plan. By doing this, everyone should have the time and lifestyle they desire.
Our process of helping you buy, sell, or invest in real estate in Alberta stems from our core values. When you choose to work with us, here are some of the things we will do that set us apart from other real estate brokerages in Edmonton:
- We will take the time to get to know your personal goals, values, and lifestyle as well as your reasons for moving.
- We will search until we find houses for sale in Edmonton (or whatever area you’re looking for) that are the right match for you and your family.
- We will help you through the whole process of buying a new house, and (if needed) selling your old one.
- We will do our best to make the homebuying (or selling, or investing) process as stress-free as possible.
- We will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision to buy a house in Edmonton.
- We will teach you about the benefits real estate investment, as a retirement plan if that’s something you are interested in.
Here are some of the things we promise we won’t do:
- We won’t push you to buy a house that doesn’t suit your values, lifestyle, or goals just because we want to sell it.
- We won’t treat you differently based on your budget for a home.
- We won’t take up more of your time than is necessary to get you the home you want.
Doing Real Estate the Modern Way
Business today is not what it used to be – the modern world is changing, and we believe all business (real estate included) should change with it. That’s why we’re committed to helping you buy, sell, and invest in Edmonton real estate the modern way.
What does that mean, you ask?
That means we’re not going to badger you with sales calls the second you fill out a form on our site (unless of course you prefer we call you). Instead we’ll send you valuable information while finding out some more about you. Then, we can start getting you personalized listings based on your lifestyle, values, and goals.
It also means we’re not going to drag you around the city to showings of homes you might not even be interested in. We want you to know all about potential new homes before you see them, and we have a pretty cool way of doing that. We’ve invested in 3D Virtual Reality technology that will allow you to step inside one of our houses for sale in Edmonton without ever leaving your current home. In fact, we’ll even set you up with some VR goggles to make the experience as realistic as possible.